The McBain service specialistposition is responsible for providing superior customer service and technical sales assistance with photographic/ videoequipment and services that revolve around those technologies. The individual in this position will need to keepup to date on new technology / products and will attend product knowledge seminarssupplied by McBain Camera. This individual must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while at the same time providing quality service in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner. Photography equipment and videography experience is an asset.Customer service and sales training is provided.
Customer service is a key responsibility for this role however other duties include merchandising; inventory counts and department housekeeping.
Successful applicants should possess:
• A good amount of knowledge of photography and digital technology
• A good amount of knowledge with videography and equipment
• Good knowledge of in-house and out-lab photofinishing services
• Effective selling skills
• Self-motivation and ability to take initiative
• Good common-sense, problem-solving skills, professionalism, and the ability to work effectively under pressure
• Ability to attend product knowledge seminars
• Exercise responsible customer service decision-making skills and abilities
• Knowledge of digital imaging, software, and applications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Developing towards a strong understanding of computer fundamentals and terminology
Employees must be available to work a flexible schedule; Monday to Sunday, at least 12 to 16 hours per week, day, and evening shifts.