Thrifty Foods – This recipe uses our Thrifty Kitchens Cheesy Broccoli Soup(on sale now!), which becomes a sauce f...
Tortellini with Chicken and Broccoli Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 375 grams boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, cut into 1" cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes, each halved
- 1 (700 mL) tub Thrifty Kitchens Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- 20 small broccoli florets
- 1 (350 gram pkg.) cheese filled tortellini
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
1. Bring a large of pot of water to a boil. While that occurs, heat oil in a large, wide skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken to the hot skillet and cook through (approx. 3 minutes per side). Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, followed by the soup. Bring to a simmer and then remove from heat.
3. Add broccoli to the boiling water and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Scoop the broccoli out with a slotted spoon and set in the skillet with the chicken.
4. Cook the tortellini in boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes. While tortellini is cooking, bring the soup mixture to a simmer.
5. Drain cooked tortellini and toss it into the skillet. Serve with Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.
Nutritional Info: https://www.thriftyfoods.com/recipes/recipes/tortellini-with-chicken-and-broccoli-sauce